Step 1: Review Personal Training Specialist Certification Details
The Personal Training Specialist Course
The Personal Training Specialist Course is a comprehensive in-class and online course designed to increase your knowledge and confidence level to train clients in a one-on-one or small group (2-3 people) setting. The course consists of self-directed, online, and in-class learning. The online course has been developed to provide an excellent online learning experience that will assist in your understanding and application of topics such as anatomy, biomechanics, and physiology. The in-class course is led by one of Canada's top PRO TRAINERS, and is designed to take all the theoretical knowledge you have acquired through your self-directed and online learning and put it into practice in a dynamic, fun and intense environment, preparing you for the exams and the career of a Personal Training Specialist.
These courses combine to position the canfitpro PTS as the premier personal training certification in Canada.
- The business of personal training
- Application of various exercises, utilizing proper form, technique and effective cuing for all learning types
- Hands on experience with client fitness assessments (passive and dynamic)
- The science and application of program design for all fitness levels (periodized program design and delivery)
- Nutrition and bioenergetics (how food becomes energy for the body)
- Cardiorespiratory, skeletal, and muscular system anatomy and function Flexibility, mobility, and fascia
The course manual, Foundations of Professional Personal Training Second Edition, was published in 2016 by Human Kinetics Publishing Inc. Content was provided by industry experts including Dr. Gregory Anderson, Dr. Brad Schoenfeld, Chris Frederick, Chad Benson, Brian Justin, Mark Stone, and Rod Macdonald. Contained within is the most up to date information on current topics including static and dynamic postural assessments, fascia and program design, to go along with the more traditional topics of anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics, and bioenergetics.
The course manual is available in both hardcopy or ebook formats and comes with access to a complete online course and web resource where you will find a video library and forms that you can download and use for your own business.
Step 2: Find A Date To Train With Andrea in alberta
Click on any date below for more information
- Jul 28, 2017 – Jul 30, 2017 PTS 3 Day Intensive Course - World Health, Edgemont Jul 28, 2017 – Jul 30, 2017
- Aug 25, 2017 – Aug 27, 2017 PTS 3 Day Intensive Course - World Health, Edgemont Aug 25, 2017 – Aug 27, 2017
- Sep 29, 2017 – Oct 1, 2017 PTS 3 Day Intensive Course - World Health, Edgemont Sep 29, 2017 – Oct 1, 2017
- Oct 7, 2017 – Oct 15, 2017 PTS 4 Day Course - 360 Fitness, Red Deer Oct 7, 2017 – Oct 15, 2017
- Oct 27, 2017 – Oct 29, 2017 PTS 3 Day Intensive Course - World Health, Edgemont Oct 27, 2017 – Oct 29, 2017
- Nov 24, 2017 – Nov 26, 2017 PTS 3 Day Intensive Course - World Health, Edgemont Nov 24, 2017 – Nov 26, 2017
- Dec 2, 2017 – Dec 10, 2017 PTS 4 Day Course - Goodlife, Canyon Meadows Dec 2, 2017 – Dec 10, 2017
Step 3: Fill Out And Submit Registration Form
Once you know the course date and location you would like to take you can click below and register through the canfitpro site, or download a registration form and send it in via fax, email, or paper mail, or contact canfitpro’s Customer Relations Team at 1.800.667.5622.